Monday, April 27, 2015

This Week's Topic: MAPS

The only way I can try and incorporate a variation of interesting subjects into the Summer reading is getting it in as a "week's topic". I was planning to keep topics such as Maps, Dinosaurs, Solar system and like, for the 8 weeks of holidays. 2 weeks and she is still doing maps.
In maps I have got a relatively cheap Collins atlas for children which is colourful and interesting. I also had stored an India map puzzle for months which got some quality time one of these days. That is a great way to teach children what text books are going to teach them in a few more months. There is a lovely board game called Worldopedia, which is a very fun way for kids to know about countries, their special structures and even flags.
Here are some of the resources I used for my 7 year old: All links from direct websites from where they were sourced.
World map printable
World Map puzzle
India Map printable
Collins world atlas available on Amazon.in 

No comments:

Post a Comment